Picture Credit: © WaterLex
Brand-New Release of the WaterLex Legal Database on the Human Right to Water and Sanitation
At the occasion of the official launch of the International Year of Water Cooperation, WaterLex is most happy to announce that a brand-new version of the WaterLex Legal Database on the Human Right to Water and Sanitation has just been released on our website at the following address: http://www.waterlex.org/waterlex-legal-database.
The WaterLex Legal Database (WLD) now features:
– an interactive map showcasing legal instruments relevant to States individually both at national and international level;
– a submission form allowing anyone to contribute to this initiative by submitting new legal documents to be included in the WLD;
– a button to send us comment located on the right-hand side of every title of document and article of a given result allowing you to bring our attention on any specific aspect of interest;
– an Advanced Search option allowing you to refine your search by the following specific criteria: legal document types, human rights standards and principles, States, and world regions;
– a full text search option allowing you to search a specific word(s) or expression within all documents listed in the WLD;
– an option to display all results on the same page instead of several should you find it more convenient;
– a new Content section providing you with the references to COHRE’s and WaterLex’s publications related to the WLD.
To date, the WaterLex Legal Database comprises more than 200 legal documents and covers more than 90 countries. Link to original documents is provided whenever possible.
Several new developments will occur in 2013, including the incorporation of case law following our Call for Cases on the right to water and sanitation, which will result in a publication to be released in early April due to an unexpected number of late submissions.
The WaterLex Legal Database is supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Swedish Water House.